Type 3 chars to begin the search... results will be shown below:
In this fast-paced world where time is very much of the essence, the last thing we feel like doing at the end of each day is the dishes. Fortunately, though, a woman called Josephine Cochran from Illinois, USA invented a clever little machine in 1887 called a dishwasher. Back then it was, of course, fairly simple. But today’s hi-tech version is an absolute lifesaver and a must in every modern household. For those concerned about leaving carbon footprints, be assured that the best dishwashers are designed to be water-wise and can save up to 5000 gallons a year compared to what one would use washing dishes by hand. The Gaggenau dishwasher range is a premium range of dishwashers. We review these market-leading appliances later on in this article.
Talk to a one of our designers now or book an appointment.
Book A Video Chat
Book a zoom consultation and we’ll advise you on furniture, space planning, wardrobes and more.
Book A Video Chat
Book A Showroom Visit
Let our experts guide you through our 30,000 sq. ft. showroom with over 700 luxury brands under 1 roof.
Book A Consultation
Email, call or book a virtual video chat with our sales team. Ask questions with no obligations.
How dishwashers work
Once the dishwasher is loaded, water is heated and combined with a detergent before being pumped through multiple spinning spray arms to wash off the soil (food dirt). The dirty water is then pumped out and a rinse cycle begins.
- Heat is an essential part of the dishwashing process. An element at the base of the machine raises the water temperature to around 60°C/140°F. This is hot enough to kill most food-based bacteria, activate the detergent and break down stubborn soil. An electric coil is used during the dry cycle to heat up air which evaporates water off the dishes.
- Detergents come in the form of a liquid, powder, gel or tablets. They are normally dispensed during the main cycle but can be added to a prewash if necessary. A rinse aid is recommended to help remove leftover spots and residue.
- Average cycle times are around 30 – 60 minutes for a “quick wash”, 90 – 120 minutes for a “normal” cycle and up to four hours for a “heavy-duty” wash. Cycles can be shortened by eliminating the dry option. If your water feed is designed to connect to a hot tap it can also save on running time, so is something to be considered when purchasing your dishwasher.
Make sure you stay eco-friendly by following these basic tips:
- Only run full loads
- Scrape your plates off, but don’t pre-rinse them under the tap
- Choose a lower temperature or use the eco-setting
- Hand or air dry your dishes
Gaggenau dishwasher review
Gaggenau’s legendary cutting edge technology is clearly evident in its 400 series of contemporary dishwashers. With a range of eight different programs and five function options, you can make countless adjustments to suit your specific needs. From noise control to shorter cycle times, these machines offer unmatched versatility.
Flexible hinges mean that you can integrate them into any space with ease. A subtle side Info-Light indicates when the dishwasher is in use and, on specific models, the remaining cycle times are projected onto the floor. The machines come with push-to-open doors and a soft interior light illuminates your dishes. Smooth running rails and cushioned closing ensure that baskets glide effortlessly in and out.
Gaggenau dishwashers use Zeolite so that delicate dishes can be cleaned at lower temperatures and extra jets can be turned on or off depending on the level of cleaning required.
There is a range of accessories available to meet your every need including a space-saving cutlery basket, a silver care cartridge to protect your cutlery from tarnishing, a glass holder to secure long-stemmed glassware, a sliding knife rack and a large item spray head that can be attached to the back wall of your dishwasher when you need to wash larger cookware.
Other features include:
- Touch key operation
- Home network integration
- Triple filter system
- Flow-Through Water Heater
- A hot or cold water connection
- Automatic detergent function
- Triple filter system
- 13 place setting and 23 wine glass capacity
Gaggenau offers the very best in high-end dishwashers but for a great overall alternative, Miele is a worthwhile consideration.
Gaggenau dishwasher cost calculator
If you think the Gaggenau dishwasher is for you, you’ll want to know how much it costs and whether you can afford it.
Our Gaggenau cost calculator will show you much the cooktop costs, as well as the price of other Gaggenau appliances. You can check it out here.
Dishwasher buyer’s guide
As dishwashers range from simple and cheap to state-of-the-art and pricey, it’s always good to have a budget in mind before hitting the shops. This is what you’ll need to think about when choosing one:
- Size: The standard size for most dishwashers is 24 inches, but for those with space issues, 18-inch models are available.
- Internal capacity: This will vary and is measured in terms of the number of place settings it can accommodate, on average between 12 and 16.
- Adjustable racks: These will help you avoid having to stick to a standard layout, which is useful when trying to fit in larger dishes and baking trays.
- Control panel: You’ll have the option of choosing either physical buttons or digital touch controls. Remember to look for a time display, which will tell you how much time is left on each cycle.
- Noise level: Dishwashers can be noisy and range from a quiet 40 dBs to levels well into the 50s. If you’re sound-sensitive, it’s something to be aware of.
- Cycle options: Some units offer (pre) rinse, drying and energy saving cycles as well as settings that deal with heavier pots and fragile items.
We could all do with a helping hand, especially when it comes to washing dishes. And with a range of eco-friendly dishwashers available, you’d be doing the planet a favour by getting one too! Why not take a look at our Gaggenau dishwashers or our full range of dishwasher options.
Transparency's kind of our thing.
Here's what real customers have to say about us.