Type 3 chars to begin the search... results will be shown below:
Whether it’s for your laundry area, study or bedroom, customising a great wardrobe is one of the best investments you could possibly make. Aside from the obvious storage benefits, creating something that meets your exact specifications is extremely satisfying and the perfect way to finish a room in style.
At FCI London, we offer the ultimate wardrobe storage options and designs. With infinite possibilities on shelving, finishes, doors, colour and every little detail imaginable, your wish is literally our command. Our expert manufacturers seamlessly combine Italian class and German engineering to build quality units, crafted to last for decades.
This fitted wardrobe guide goes gives you an overview of our offering along with a wardrobe cost calculator, and this walk-in wardrobe guide takes you through all the insider tips we've collected in our years installing wardrobes. In the meantime, here are the basics that you need to help you get the ball rolling.
The benefits of commissioning a fitted wardrobe
The thought of commissioning a bespoke wardrobe might seem daunting, but there are plenty of advantages that outweigh any trepidation you may have.
- Custom-made to measure: fitted wardrobes are incredibly versatile because they’re built to suit your precise needs. So whether you’re into extra hanging space or deeper shelves, specialised accessory compartments or an extensive shoe rack, it’s all 100% doable.
- Finish it off your way: as custom wardrobes are built from scratch, you can choose materials, designs and finishes that match the interior of your home seamlessly.
- An exact fit: maximise your room space by building a wardrobe that is made to fit. Awkward spaces that would normally be hard to fill are easily accommodated, hassle-free.
- Lighting the way: you may not have given this much thought, but most shop-bought cupboards come without lighting. With a bespoke wardrobe, you can install lights wherever you need them, so you’ll never be left in the dark.
- Manageable maintenance: let’s be honest, constantly cleaning the tops of freestanding wardrobes is a pain. With custom units built from floor to ceiling, your days of frantic dusting will be over.
- Built-to-budget: because a fitted wardrobe is made according to both your budget and your needs, you won’t be wasting money on something that’s second best.
- Future investment: people looking for a new home always appreciate lots of wardrobe space, so if you ever put your house on the market, they will be a real asset.
The different types of fitted wardrobes
Once you’ve decided that fitting a wardrobe is a wonderful idea, you’ll need to know what’s available. Here are the 5 most common options:
Built-in wardrobes provide a versatile storage solution for any space, no matter the dimensions. They are made with a specific purpose in mind and are fully customisable. You even have a choice of hinged or sliding doors.
A large floor to ceiling wardrobe can be built to accommodate just about anything from a massive clothing collection to bountiful accessories, with interior fittings to match. Choose from sliding doors if you have limited space, hinged doors for more opulent areas, fancy pulleys for specific needs, or a combination of them all.
These are ideal, space-saving options that can be installed anywhere in your home. Corner wardrobes can be built in a range of shapes and are useful as a means to alter the overall design aesthetics of a room, smoothing out corners to take on a different form or dimension. Sliding or hinged doors are both possible options.
Walk-in wardrobes are the ultimate in storage extravagance, allowing you to walk breezily inside them as you browse your clothes rails. They can be built with or without doors depending on whether they form part of an existing room or are situated in a whole separate area. Although they are magnificent they do take up a lot of space, so you need to consider whether you have enough to give up before choosing this option.
Sliding door wardrobes
Sliding door wardrobes are a stylish way to save space and are perfect for rooms that are a little more compact. As the door does not open out, you don’t need to think about clearance space in relation to other fixtures. They can be ordered with single or multiple doors and the handles can be recessed or used as a design feature.
Top tips on purchasing a fitted wardrobe
- To make your built-in wardrobe experience seamless, give some thought to the following criteria before you start:
- Identify your needs and stick to them.
- Look for unused spaces that will be maximised by a wardrobe.
- Decide on a style reflective of the look and feel of your home.
- Choose finishes in keeping with that style.
- Consider your colour palette.
- Make sure you have a budget and stick to it.
- Consult with an expert - our wardrobe team has installed every type of wardrobe under the sun and will create a seamless experience for you.
Wardrobe storage ideas for every need
One of the marvellous things about a wardrobe is the way it declutters your home. That said, don’t hang on to unwanted, old or damaged items - hoarding is never in vogue!
There are lots of exciting possibilities when it comes to wardrobe storage ideas and, with endless custom options available, everything in your home will have its place.
When planning the details of your wardrobe, remember to think about these less obvious storage needs.
- Shoe racks or display cabinets
- Ties and scarves
- Trouser racks
- Jewellery trays
- Designer handbag display compartments
- Pull-down rails for items stored above shoulder height
- Laundry bins
- Hat stands
Shop wardrobes at FCI London
At FCI London, we pride ourselves on being space-design experts and can’t wait to turn your dream wardrobe ideas into a reality. Book a showroom visit or a consultation with us or use our wardrobe cost calculator for a quick estimate.
Transparency's kind of our thing.
Here's what real customers have to say about us.